THE JD ADVISORS PERSONAL FINANCE GUIDE
So much of your financial success revolves around behavior. As a coach, my duty is to nudge my clients away from making poor financial decisions and and to ensure that they have a line-of-sight on objectives. The purpose of this book is to address real-world financial planning considerations that affect many in the legal profession, to propose strategies that can offer a starting point for an individualized consultation with your advisor, or to implore you to consider working with one that understands your unique concerns.
Hope is a slogan, not a strategy. I meet with prospects frequently who hope that their stock picks go up, that their rental properties cashflow soon, or that they don’t have a significant disruption of income. There needs to be a game plan. The way I see it, everyone has a financial plan; it’s either based on honest discovery of financial health and quantifiable outcomes, or flimsy wishful thinking.
The questions you need to ask yourself are: “Where am I financially? Where does my family want to go? And do I have the knowledge, time, technology, and enjoyment to take on the critical task of managing my personal finances?”
A different approach to finance, designed just for attorneys.
Game-changing solutions for attorneys across all stages of your career. Go the distance without dropping the ball.
- How do I reduce my student loan payments?
- How much should I be saving, for my retirement?
- How do I save more money every month?
- How do I start planning to make partner?
- Am I maximizing my employee benefits?
- What tax strategies should I use?
- What type of entity should I select for my firm?
- What is the value of my firm?
- Should I set up a captive to manage risk? Or health reimbursement arrangement?
- How do I incentivize and retain key employees?
- What are the best strategies for reducing my taxes?
- What type of lifestyle do I want to maintain following my retirement?
- What are the different layers of partnership at my firm?
- What is my college savings strategy as a high income earner?
- Does my estate plan address asset protection, adult children, and planned giving?
- Can I afford to make the move to in-house Counsel?
- How do I compare compensation packages?
- How do I manage my stock compensation?
- What is my tax bracket management strategy?
- Do I need supplemental insurance coverage?
Custom Tools for Legal Professionals
We use collaborative dashboards that will give our clients powerful decision-making expertise to take their family’s financials into a level of clarity and success.