THE JD ADVISORS PERSONAL FINANCE GUIDE
So much of your financial success revolves around behavior. As an advisor, my duty is to nudge my clients away from making poor financial decisions and and to ensure that they have a line-of-sight on objectives. The purpose of this book is to address real-world financial planning considerations that affect many in the legal profession, to propose strategies that can offer a starting point for an individualized consultation with your advisor, or to implore you to consider working with one that understands your unique concerns.
Hope is a slogan, not a strategy. I meet with prospects frequently who hope that their stock picks go up, that their rental properties cashflow soon, or that they don’t have a significant disruption of income. There needs to be a game plan. The way I see it, everyone has a financial plan; it’s either based on honest discovery of financial health and quantifiable outcomes, or flimsy wishful thinking.
The questions you need to ask yourself are: “Where am I financially? Where does my family want to go? And do I have the knowledge, time, technology, and enjoyment to take on the critical task of managing my personal finances over a seasoned fiduciary?”
A different approach to finance, designed just for attorneys.
- Alchemy: Turning Human Capital into Financial Capital
- Picking the Right College Repayment Plan
- Maximizing Employee Benefits & Income Tax Planning
- Building Financial Assets and Managing Liquidity
- How Associates Should Prepare for Making Partner
- 10 Tax Planning Strategies for Self-Employed Attorneys
- Seven Financial Planning Considerations for Partners
- Handling Stock Option Compensation for In-House Attorneys
Game-changing solutions for attorneys across all stages of your career. Go the distance without dropping the ball.
- How do I reduce my student loan payments?
- How much should I be saving, for my retirement?
- How do I save more money every month?
- How do I start planning to make partner?
- Am I maximizing my employee benefits?
- What tax strategies should I use?
- What type of entity should I select for my firm?
- What is the value of my firm?
- Should I set up a captive to manage risk? Or health reimbursement arrangement?
- How do I incentivize and retain key employees?
- What are the best strategies for reducing my taxes?
- What type of lifestyle do I want to maintain following my retirement?
- What are the different layers of partnership at my firm?
- What is my college savings strategy as a high income earner?
- Does my estate plan address asset protection, adult children, and planned giving?
- Can I afford to make the move to in-house Counsel?
- How do I compare compensation packages?
- How do I manage my stock compensation?
- What is my tax bracket management strategy?
- Do I need supplemental insurance coverage?
Custom Tools for Legal Professionals
We built a one-page collaborative dashboard, our customized Lionshare Partners integrations, that can give our clients powerful decision-making expertise to take their family’s financials into a level of charity and success.